BOARD MEETING December 7, 2020 via Zoom
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:01 PM MEETING ADJOURNED: 8:53 PM
ATTENDANCE: Matt Souza, Jared Duemling, Jenn Duemling, Jonathan Elwell, Jason Lahaye, Patrick Lavigne, PJ Panneton, Seth
Heisler, Steve O’Connell, Mike Nutton, Rocky Libucha, Andy DiPietro, Bill McCarthy & Kyle Walker
Matt opens the meeting and reviews Agenda and Minutes from November sent prior to meeting. Andy motions to accept
minutes, motion accepted unanimously.
2.) Financial Statements:
- Accounts reconciled through November 2020.
- Noted some new Savings accounts that have been opened for Cooperstown 2021 & Buddy Ball Program
Jonathan motions to accept financials – accepted unanimously.
- Reviewed equipment drop off and Inventory from November (11/7/2020).
- Inventory needs: baseballs, helmets (may still be missing some from summer/fall program), catcher’s mitts (look into
used/broken in gloves - Play it Again Sports, online marketplaces etc.).
- Equipment process needs to be better organized – labeling bags, sign in/sign out process by coaches.
- Matt confirms there are funds available to upgrade equipment
- Dicks Sporting Goods Coupons – the League has (10?) $50.00 coupons to be used by 12/31/2020 towards new
equipment. Discussed purchasing: pitch counters, batting tees (currently have 5 in shed), bases (if the right quality),
practice baseballs, USA/tee ball bats for new players.
- Follow up:
- Jenn will review equipment order from prior years (invoices/QB) for Jan 2021 meeting to help with next order
- Equipment order – final needs will be determined by equipment committee and discussed in a separate email by PJ to
recap. Order should be ready to be placed by February 1, 20201.
- Jonathan Elwell will arrange a time with Matt Souza to meet at the shed to pick up extra shirts/pants/socks/etc. as a
- Research new vendors for Spring 2021 uniforms – did not use Treasure Tees for Fall uniforms.
- Rocky proposes the Uniform committee (Jared, Jenn, Mike) review three proposed vendors to compare prices/options
and present best option to the board.
- Vendors to consider:
Prime Time Sports – they provided Fall uniforms, Cooperstown 2021 merchandise and have worked with both Jared &
Matt, also has a son in RB program.
All Sports Promotion – recommended by Andy – family business out of Lowell who he has worked with in the past.
Todd’s Sporting Goods – recommended by Wayne in November
- Items to consider:
Quality/style of shirt (dri-fit vs cotton / crew neck vs button)
Keep RB logon on shirt w/ MLB logo hat
Confirm lead time for production / turnaround time for a replacement
Noting Dri-fit on registration form so participants size up correctly
Order 1 extra shirt larger than largest size ordered on a team (i.e. Adult M – order 1 Adult L)
Option to order extra team hat on registration form for parents
- Uniform committee will bring findings to Jan or Feb 2021 meeting
- Matt requested the 2019 & 2020 sponsor list from Jared.
- Matt will send Andy (head of committee) current form and descriptions to review – discussed possibly lower price points
- Current levels:
$525.00 - banner
$750.00 - banner
Higher tiers get more teams in different divisions if needed
- Look into ordering new/replacement banners -3X 7 banner ~ $100.00
- Goal - $10,000-$12,000 (40 X $300)
- Each Board member should bring at least one sponsor
- Matt follows up on possibility for school contacts and in-person options from November meeting.
- Mike – discussed with contact, waiting for approval on superintendent. No paper forms / would be an e-mail blast to
- Matt will follow up with email to Jennifer Silva at Haverhill Public Schools for permission
- Due to email blast – registration will include an expanded description of division levels, and suggestions of which is best fit
based on age/skill.
- Jason Lahaye will take lead on write up – will work with Matt if needed for different rules, etc.
- Reviewed/Edited current Divisions & Cost – all changes passed unanimously, registration fees lowered across the board
(with the exception of RB Senior because of ump fees)
Instructional/Tee Ball – 4-6 - $50.00
Major Minor – 7 & 8 - $75.00
Single A/ Double A – 9-10 - $100.00
Major 60/Major 70 – 11 & 12 - $125.00
RB Senior – 13+ - $150.00
Buddy Ball – 5- 21 - $0.00
- Ump Fees – Matt will contact with Tim regarding division and ump fees for Spring 2021
- In-person Registration – Jared will contact Haverhill Public Library about potential for space to hold registration in winter
- Add a spot on registration form to donate to Buddy Ball Program – Jared will work with website
- Instructional/New Coaches – continue discussion on instructional program with Jeff Nelson. Look into putting together
some online content/trainings/practice plans/etc. to help train new coaches.
- Host a pre-season Coaches meeting
7.) Winter Evaluations:
- Discussed NEED for winter evals and current stats to form teams.
- Biggest need appears to be for Single A/Double A division based on Fall evals
- Possibly reach out to Batter Up about using indoor space – possibly as a sponsorship to RB – to hold evals
- Will hold for now to see registration numbers and evaluate COVID restrictions in the next few months
8.) Cooperstown 2021 Update:
- Matt gives an update on fundraising efforts for Cooperstown 2021
- Chicken Connection, Krueger Flatbread & Wreaths have all been successful
- Upcoming Fundraisers:
Super Bowl Squares
Golf Tournament at Bradford Country Club on 6/18/2021
9.) Open Floor:
- Jason Lahaye proposes registration discount for head coaches to incentivize sign up. Possible future discussion if coach
enrollment is down – no vote
- Rocky Libucha proposes a Capital Gains/Long Term Plan Committee to discuss significant investment/improvements in
the 3-5 year plan for the program – no vote
- Andy DiPietro mentions the 2020 Cooperstown Team has been discussing donating fundraising money that was not used
towards possible batting cages at RB1.
Motion to Adjourn:
Made by Andy DiPietro – voted unanimous